Teachers In Canada

Home Forums Flute Community The Think Tank Teachers In Canada

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  terrymack 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

maureen
    Participant

I would like to find a Native Indian Flute teacher in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. If anyone knows of someone please let me know. Thanks, Maureen.

tootieflutie58
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

Welcome! :)

turaipo
    Participant

I don’t know personnally someone in Edmonton,
    but you may try to contact the Nana flute circle (The Northern Alberta Native American Flute Circle).
    A really good bunch or persons:

http://www.nanaflutecircle.com/

I’m a member of this circle, but never found the time to go there.

maureen
    Participant

QUOTE(Dale @ Aug 13 2010, 04:22 AM)
    I don’t know personnally someone in Edmonton,
    but you may try to contact the Nana flute circle (The Northern Alberta Native American Flute Circle).
    A really good bunch or persons:

http://www.nanaflutecircle.com/

I’m a member of this circle, but never found the time to go there.

Thank you so much Dale for the link, I didn’t know this existed! It looks like there are lot’s of contacts on the web site. I have a beautiful flute that I bought a long time ago and whenever I try to play it, it feels to long even thought my arms are not short. I know I’m doing something wrong and would really like to learn to play it. When I was at the Heritage Festival a couple weeks ago there was a man playing his flutes and it sounded amazing outside!
    Thanks again, Maureen.

turaipo
    Participant

QUOTE(Maureen @ Aug 15 2010, 05:48 PM)
    Thank you so much Dale for the link, I didn’t know this existed! It looks like there are lot’s of contacts on the web site. I have a beautiful flute that I bought a long time ago and whenever I try to play it, it feels to long even thought my arms are not short. I know I’m doing something wrong and would really like to learn to play it. When I was at the Heritage Festival a couple weeks ago there was a man playing his flutes and it sounded amazing outside!
    Thanks again, Maureen.

You’ll enjoy meeting with them. ;)
    In the group, I know only David Bouchard who came in Montreal two years ago (a wonderful author),
    but what a pleasure each time I have news from him !

terrymack
    Participant

QUOTE(Maureen @ Aug 12 2010, 05:00 PM)
    I would like to find a Native Indian Flute teacher in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. If anyone knows of someone please let me know. Thanks, Maureen.

Hello Maureen

I visit Edmonton a few times a year and could offer you a lesson the next time I am there. I lived in Edmonton until 2004. I may be coming down in early November to visit family.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.